Click here to donate now!
The Philadelphia History Museum relies on the generosity of donors to sustain its mission to serve greater Philadelphia by fostering among its citizens and visitors a deeper understanding and appreciation of the city, its historical artifacts, and its rich legacy.
The Museum’s purpose is to educate present generations, especially school children, to learn from the past in ways that enrich their lives, and improve their futures.
The Philadelphia History Museum is making historic changes to its home on South 7th Street. The renovation to the historic 1826 Museum Building addresses long-standing environmental, safety, and accessibility issues.
This is a pivotal time to support the Philadelphia History Museum’s ongoing mission of collecting preserving, and telling the stories of the city. Campaign gifts support:
- Refurbishment of all gallery spaces
- Increased capacity for video, interactive media, and other technologies
- New cabinetry and cases
- New exhibits incorporating recent additions to the collections as well as traditional favorites
- Opportunities for multiple special exhibitions
- A dedicated space for school and group programs
- A Collection Study Center
A gift to the Philadelphia History Museum’s Annual Appeal is a wonderful way to support the preservation and presentation of our city’s heritage. Annual Appeal gifts support:
- A dynamic program and exhibition schedule
- Educational programs that provide resources for children to discover their personal connections with history through school lessons and Museum activities
- The care and management of 100,000 Philadelphia history objects and images that reveal the many stories of Philadelphia